The nose is a quickly noticed part of the face. Many people believe that the shape of the nose adds to the beauty of the face. A person’s nose can be admired or criticised by others. Everyone wishes for a well-shaped nose that suits other facial features. Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery done by a nose surgeon to reshape and improve the nose’s appearance. Doctors perform this surgery to enhance the nose’s appearance and improve nasal function and breathing. It is also known as a nose job.
Also Read: Affordable and Comfortable Scrubs
Types of rhinoplasty
Cosmetic rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty is done to improve the appearance of the nose.
Functional rhinoplasty: The surgery restores the nasal function and form after traumatic injuries. Doctors recommend it to correct deviated septums and congenital disabilities.
Non Surgical injection rhinoplasty: Temporary fillers are used to fill the dip in the nose, correct bumps, and lift droopy nasal tips.
Who requires rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is needed for people to
- Improve overall appearance
- Open blocked nasal passages caused by a deviated septum
- Repair a broken nose
- Correct congenital disability
- Restore breathing after traumatic injuries
Anyone who is not happy with the appearance of their nose can opt for nose surgery. The most common reasons for cosmetic rhinoplasty are a bump on the bridge of the nose or uneven nostrils. Nasal abnormalities may be present from birth or caused by traumatic injuries. Doctors perform rhinoplasty for cosmetic enhancement or to improve nasal function. Sometimes it is performed to accomplish both at the same time.
Most people are self-conscious about their appearance, and a prominent nose becomes a source of discontent. A person’s nose can affect the overall appearance of the face. The shape of the bone and cartilage in the nose affects the symmetry of the face. The nose plays a vital role in making a face look aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking. A nasal surgery enhances the appearance of the nose and boosts self-confidence.
A nose job makes a person look younger than their actual age. It solves the problems caused by blocked nasal passages and helps people sleep better. The top five reasons for people to choose rhinoplasty is to
- Change the size of the nose by making it smaller or bigger. If the nose is too long, it may be shortened to make it align with other facial features.
- Change the shape of the nose by reshaping the tip or straightening the bridge. It provides a balanced facial look and changes the way people feel about their looks.
- Correct deviated septum as it causes cosmetic and medical problems. When the septum is off centre, it causes difficulty in breathing and a blocked nose.
- Narrow the nostrils to improve the aesthetic appearance of the face. Wide nostrils do not give a pleasing appearance. A surgery to narrow the nostrils balances the facial features.
Results of rhinoplasty
It corrects imperfections of a nose like the upturned, droopy, bulbous, or hooked nose.
It fixes nostrils that are too large, too wide, or turned upwards.
It removes noticeable dips and bumps on the bridge of the nose.
It opens blocked nasal passages.
It makes the nose smaller or bigger to balance the other facial features.
An ideal nose must complement a person’s face. A nose surgeon helps people correct the imperfections in the nose and be confident about their appearance. Rhinoplasty improves the appearance of the face and highlights its natural beauty. It makes a person feel good physically, mentally, and emotionally.