If you’ve got a satellite or cable TV service, you’re paying too much for it. While the average cost of pay TV has been going up over the last few years, there are still plenty of ways to save money without giving up your favorite shows. So here’s how to cut down on your bills:
Ask about Internet bundles
You can also be proactive when it comes to bundling your services. For example, you can bundle your home phone, TV, and Internet service together to save money on your monthly bill. You may even find that the cable or satellite company offers a discount if you bundle all of your services together.
However, internet bundles are one of many ways to save money when considering bundling with other services. For example, one could bundle their mobile phone plan with their TV provider—paying one monthly fee for both services instead of two separate ones!
Bundling is a great way to save money on your monthly bill by combining different items into one package deal for a lower price than what you would pay if each item was purchased separately.
DIRECTV experts say, ” Their connection provides 25x more upload speeds than cable.”
Look for new customer deals
- Call your provider and ask if they have any new customer deals.
- Ask about introductory rates, like the ones that usually expire after 12 months.
- Ask about bundling services—like Internet and cable—to see if you can get one discounted rate for multiple services that would normally cost more individually.
- Ask about discounts for paying in full each month instead of making payments over time, which can add up to hundreds of dollars over the course of a year or two.
- And finally, if you’re already with a provider but want to find out what kind of discount is available for existing customers, just call them up! Chances are there are some additional perks available only to loyal subscribers who don’t balk at paying their bills on time every month (and maybe even those who bundle services together).
Ask if you can combine your home phone and TV service to get a discount
While most cable companies don’t offer discounts for bundling services, some do. The idea is that it’s cheaper for them to provide a single bill for multiple services than several separate bills. So, for instance, if you already have internet service through them already (especially at the same location), they may be able to give you an additional discount on your TV package just for having both Internet and Cable TV from them—and maybe even free installation!
To find out whether or not this works at your house, call up your local provider and ask about getting two separate bills: one for TV services only; one with all three services combined into one bill (Internet + Cable + Phone). If they’re willing to waive some fees in exchange for getting everything together under one roof, then sign up!
There are many ways to save money on your TV service. The first step is asking! Call your cable or satellite provider and ask about new deals and offers that could save you money. You may be able to combine Internet and phone services with a discount or bundle package or even downgrade your current plan without paying the cancellation fee.